Monday 1 August 2016

For Me, Being a Plus-Size Model Is About Helping Women Be Confident "When I was at my highest of 310lbs, I still loved myself."​

Welcome to Talking Body, a series where we have honest conversations with women about their bodies. Up this week: Lyanna Lynette, the face of Torrid, a fashion brand that dresses women sizes 10 to 30. Lynette stood out among 14,400 hopefuls as the winner of last year's Torrid Model Search. She went from working at a hair salon in her native Texas to traveling the country and starring in countless ads, including the newly launched #InMyJeans campaign. Here, she reflects on her role as a plus-size model and why confidence is not tied to a pant size.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
I really, really started loving and appreciating my body in my early 20s. At that point I just kind of said, "You know what? I am going to love myself because if I don't love myself first, who is going to love me?" I think you really need to be confident and love yourself first before you can depend on others to accept you. That way, if you accept yourself, you don't need someone else's approval on how you look or how you feel. If you know and you feel beautiful, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment